Official Visitor Website
Back to Breckland & Thetford Forest Breckland & Thetford Forest


Billingford is a Norfolk village in the Breckland district of Norfolk, England, north of East Dereham, and just north of the River Wensum, which is its southern boundary of the parish. The village is on the B1145 road, which links King’s Lynn and Mundesley.


Billingford has a church called St Leonard and a pub called The Horseshoes on Lower Street, adjacent to Billingford Windmill. The name “Billingford” possibly means ‘ford at the place called Billing’ or ‘ford of the Billingas’. Billingford was recorded in the Domesday Book as P(re)lestuna. On 1 April 1935 the parish was abolished and merged with Scole.