Great Yarmouth Potteries is a fully working pottery. From liquid clay to finished ware. Gift shop, refreshment area, herring smoking museum. Video showing fishing era and town wall 700 years old. Photos of fishing. Gallery of nautical oil paintings, carvings and sculptors.
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Tue 13 Oct - Fri 18 Dec 2015||Tue - Thu 09:30 to 15:00|
|Sat 5 Dec 2015||Sat 09:30 to 15:00|
Closed on Bank Holidays.
Please contact directly for details of art classes and for group bookings.
'Go Potty at the Potters Wheel' sessions Monday to Friday - all ages welcome. Please book in advance.
Watercolour class Tuesday mornings and Oils with Ernie on Wednesdays. Booking essential.
Open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 3pm from Easter to the end of June.
Summer opening Monday to Friday from the end of June to end of September 9.30am to 4pm.
Winter opening Tuesday to Thursday from 9.30am to 3pm.
The Potteries will have a special open day on Saturday 5 December 2015.
The Potteries will be closed between 19 December 2015 and the end of February 2016 for essential maintenance.
2015 admission prices:
Family £11.00 (2+2)
Please enquire directly about bookings for our potters wheel and clay workshops.
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (with charge)
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits
- Gift shop
- On-site light refreshments
- Wheelchairs available
- Accepts groups
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Guided tours for groups
- Smoking not allowed
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is gravel
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Good colour/tonal contrast for visually impaired visitors
- Wheelchairs provided
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- High chairs for children