Stokesby is a quiet riverside village 9 miles from Great Yarmouth overlooking reed beds with a village greeen and pretty walks nearby. Situated on the River Bure, it is an ideal place for a peaceful visit or lunch. The church of St. Andrew is also well worth a visit.
If travelling by boat, the village is a good stop off point to wait for the ebb tide when journeying down through Great Yarmouth and across Breydon Water. There are a number of moorings available by the Ferry Inn.
Bike hire is available at the Riverside Tea Rooms and Stores.
ContactTourist Information centre
Great Yarmouth, NR29 3ET
Map reference: TG 435105 Lat: 52.63811 Long: 1.59875
Turn off the A1064 at the road signposted Stokesby. Go through the village towards Runham. Take track on your left to the church.
Parking : free
Broads Village Guide
- Bike Hire at The Lion Inn
- Boat hire at The Waterside Rollesby
- Boat Trip at The Waterside Rollesby
- Boat Trips on The Bittern at Fritton Lake Country World
- Cafe at Riverside Tea Rooms & Stores
- Cafe and Tea Rooms at The Waterside Rollesby
- Chandlery at Bridge Stores
- Cycle Hire at Riverside Tea Rooms & Stores
- Day and Overnight Mooring at The Lion Inn
- Day and Overnight Public Mooring at Stokesby
- Day Boat Hire at Bridge Stores
- Filby Bridge Restaurant
- Filby Broad at Filby
- Fishing at The Waterside Rollesby
- Fishing on Filby Broad at Filby
- Fishing on Fritton Decoy at Fritton Lake Country World
- MkIII Wheelyboat Trips at The Waterside Rollesby
- Rowing & Wheelyboat Hire at Fritton Lake Country World
- The Bell Inn
- The Lion Inn
- The Waterside Rollesby
- The Waterside at The Waterside Rollesby