Filby Broad at Filby
Filby Broad is part of the self-contained Trinity Broads network in the Borough of Great Yarmouth. The area was designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) in 1998 and is now a part of the Broads Special Area of Conservation (SAC).
The nearby village of Filby has a pub, restaurant and shops. A small car park on the outskirts of the village marks the start of a boardwalk, suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
A fishing platform is also available, and is suitable for wheelchair users. Two person rowing boats suitable for fishing only are available to hire from the Filby Bridge restaurant.
Guided canoe trails are
Great Yarmouth, UK
Map reference: TG 465135 Lat: 52.66312 Long: 1.64387
From the A47 take the A1064 signposted to Caister and then follow signs to Filby.
By Public Transport:
Limited bus services run from Great Yarmouth to Filby, please check details before travelling.
Parking : free
Nearest station : 8 miles (12.9 kms) from Great Yarmouth station
Broads Village Guide
- Bike Hire at The Lion Inn
- Boat hire at The Waterside Rollesby
- Boat Trip at The Waterside Rollesby
- Boat Trips on The Bittern at Fritton Lake Country World
- Cafe at Riverside Tea Rooms & Stores
- Cafe and Tea Rooms at The Waterside Rollesby
- Chandlery at Bridge Stores
- Cycle Hire at Riverside Tea Rooms & Stores
- Day and Overnight Mooring at The Lion Inn
- Day and Overnight Public Mooring at Stokesby
- Day Boat Hire at Bridge Stores
- Filby Bridge Restaurant
- Fishing at The Waterside Rollesby
- Fishing on Filby Broad at Filby
- Fishing on Fritton Decoy at Fritton Lake Country World
- MkIII Wheelyboat Trips at The Waterside Rollesby
- Rowing & Wheelyboat Hire at Fritton Lake Country World
- The Bell Inn
- The Lion Inn
- The Waterside Rollesby
- The Waterside at The Waterside Rollesby
Also at this venue
Events at this venue
|Mon 12 Aug 2013||Catch the Spirit - Trinity Broads|