Highlights through the year
- Enjoy Burns Night with a visit to the English Whisky Company
- Hippodrome Christmas Spectacular continues into January
- World Indoor Bowls Championship at Potters
- Snowdrop Trails at Walsingham Abbey
- Fun of the fair at King's Lynn Mart
- Try orienteering in Thetford Forest
- Norwich Fashion Week throughout the city
- Try the Norfolk Coastal Path from Holme to Cromer
- Burnham Market International Horse Trials
- Nets out! Cromer crabs back in season
- Beautiful bluebells to be found at Blickling, Foxley Wood...
- Burnham Deepdale Outdoor Festival
- The Broads Outdoor Festival
- The Norfolk & Norwich Arts Festival, the oldest in the country
- Folk on the Pier at Cromer
- The 2-day Royal Norfolk Show
- The Broads' Three Rivers Race - the Le Mans of the water
- Lynn Too festival in King's Lynn
- Shakespeare Festival in Norwich Cathedral cloisters
- Who might you see at the Sandringham Flower Show?
- Spitfire and Mustang at the Old Buckenham Air Show
- Free summer fireworks at Great Yarmouth
- It's all up in the air at the Hunstanton Kite Festival
- Festival of Bowls at Great Yarmouth
- The Norfolk Food & Drink Festival - the biggest in the country
- March to the Great Yarmouth Maritime Festival
- Shiver me timbers! It's the Pirate Festival at Wells-next-the-Sea
- CAMRA's Norwich Beer Festival in The Halls
- The pink-footed geese return to The Wash
- Apple Day at Gressenhall Museum
- The Christmas Spectacular returns to Thursford
- Festival of Swans at Welney
- Culmination of Familiar Fields Britten 100 celebration
- Christmas shopping in Norwich
- The best time time to see seals off the Norfolk coast
- Panto time... at Norwich Theatre Royal and Hunstanton
Wondering what's on in Norfolk? Whatever the time of the year, whatever your age or interests, Norfolk will have something you'll enjoy doing, taking part in, or watching.
In fact, we've got the lot. As you'll find when you come to spend time with us here in Norfolk.
For more ideas of what to do in Norfolk go to our Inspire section.
Browse through what's on events in Norfolk.
You can also add your own events.
Until Sept 14 - The Wonder of Birds at Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery
This exhibition will explore the cultural impact of birds upon mankind. Eliciting a wide range of emotions from awe to fear, and from pleasure to cruelty, birds have intrigued humanity since the earliest of times. With loans from local and national collections, this innovative exhibition will span the centuries and include some 220 works by major illustrators and artists, including Hans Holbein, whose Lady with a Squirrel and a Starling is back in Norfolk for the first time since its acquisition by the National Gallery in 1992. Details
Untll Aug 27 - Great Yarmouth Seafront FireworksGreat Yarmouth celebrates the summer with six weeks of Wednesday evening entertainment, starting on Wednesday 23 July and ending Wednesday 27 August. Each Wednesday evening culminates in a spectacular fireworks display on the seafront at 10pm. Seafront attractions stay open until 10pm, so visitors can play crazy golf in the moonlight, wander round the illuminated Merrivale Model Village, enjoy some exhilarating thrills at the Pleasure Beach, or listen to free live music at the Sea Life Centre Gardens from 8pm, before watching the fireworks.
August - Outdoor Theatre at Holkham
The popular open air theatre productions at Holkham Hall return with an exciting programme of family entertainment. Set in the beautiful backdrop of the courtyard in Holkham Park each outdoor theatre production has a unique atmosphere created by theatre goers enjoying their picnics in a buzz of excitement. A range of touring companies will be performing productions including The Jungle Book, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Romeo & Juliet. Details
Aug 1-10 - Wells Carnival Week
10 days of family fun and events including a Carnival Day procession around the town (Saturday 9th August) featuring floats, fancy-dress, pull-and push-along vehicles and much more. Traditional seaside activities include a sand-castle competition, gillying on the quay and the crowning of the Carnival Queen. Details
Aug 2-10 - Sheringham Carnival Week
This year's events include The Ted Devils parachuting in, casting enchanting spells on The Wizard Express Steam Train, the raft rqace, Masquerade Ball, 40s weekend and the torchlight procession and grand firework finale. Parade day is Wednesday, August 6. Details
Aug 9 - Last Night of the Blickling PromsThe Blickling Proms evening is now firmly rooted in the Norfolk social calendar and this year's has an appearance by Spitfire Grace and singalongs to world war one era classics such as 'Pack Up Your Troubles...' as well as the rousing sounds of Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory. Details
Aug 16-22 - Cromer Carnival WeekA week of celebrations in north Norfolk's premier seaside resort, including the Cromer Carnival Parade on Wednesday, August 20, The Red Arrows, the Wildcat Aerobatics Display Team, Fancy Dress Dance and Grand Fireworks Display. Details
Aug 24-Sept 19 - Great Yarmouth Festival of BowlsThis is the biggest outdoor open bowling event in the country, with more than 1800 participants competing in mens, ladies and mixed teams for singles, pairs and triples titles over four weeks of play at the Britannia Bowling Greens on the seafront. Spectators very welcome - there's lot of benches and standing room. Details
Sept-Oct - Norfolk Food & Drink Festival
The largest countywide food festival in the country, with over 600 events and promotions taking place across Norfolk over a five week period. Highlights include weekends at Holkham in north Norfolk, Norwich, Swaffham, Aylsham and the Waveney Valley, as well as the Moveable Feast and The Battle of the Bangers. Details
Sept 6-7 - Great Yarmouth Maritime FestivalThe Great Yarmouth Maritime Festival takes place along the length of South Quay, and will be packed with exhibitions, demonstrations, stalls and ships for visitors to explore for the whole weekend. There'll also be shanty music, pirates and look out for an appearance by Lord Horation Nelson. Details
Sept 11-14 - Heritage Open Days in NorfolkThis year's Heritage Open Days festival gives you the chance to delve into Norwich and Norfolk's fascinating and sometimes hidden heritage, with free events including open buildings, guided tours and walks, heritage literary events, exhibitions and performances. Details
Sept 12-14 - Wells Pirate Festival
The annual 3 day pirate party is filled with buccaneers, scallywags and salty sea dogs with pirate activities and events for the whole family.This is the annual fundraiser for Wells Maltings Trust, working to transform the Maltings building in Wells into an exciting new arts, heritage and community facility. Grab your cutlass and set sail towards Wells! Details
Sept 19-21 - Great Yarmouth Out There FestivalThe Out There Festival of International Street Arts & Circus Entertainment returns to the streets of Great Yarmouth for the seventh time. Details
Until Nov 2 - Edward Seago at Sandringham
The annual exhibition in the Ballroom of Sandringham House is 'Edward Seago at Sandringham', a selection of works by the celebrated Norfolk-born landscape painter. Several members of the Royal Family have collected paintings by Seago, and some of these, together with some previously unseen sketches, will be on display. The exhibition will include landscapes painted during the 1956-57 voyage in the Royal Yacht Britannia, when Seago was invited to accompany HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, as well as paintings with a distinct Norfolk theme and views of Sandringham. Seago was a frequent guest of HM The Queen Mother at Sandringham over many years. The House and Exhibition will be closed from Saturday 26th July to Friday 1st August inclusive. Sandringham details