Refine your search
St Georges Distillery, home of The English Whisky Co. is the first distillery in England in over 100 years and part of Norfolk's heritage, based just off the A11 at Roudham. The distillery is open to the public 7 days a week and is well worth a visit. Do a tour to see the gleaming copper stills or just browse the shop where you can also find over 200 different whiskies for sale and a wonderful selections of gift ideas. St Georges Distillery became operational in December 2006, and opened its doors to the public in 2007.
We are a great attraction offering guided tours of the distillery. We aim to run the St Georges Tour every hour on the hour (10am - 4pm) 7 days a week. This tour includes coffee or tea whilst you wait for the tour to start. A guide will then take you onto the distilling floor and explain how whisky is made. You then move onto Warehouse 1 to see the whisky in casks, and to breathe in the amazing aroma caused by the Angels Share escaping before finally finishing with a taste of one or two of our wonderful malt whiskies. A full price adult ticket comes with a £5.00 voucher to spend in the shop for any English Whisky over £30.00.
We are winners of various awards including: " Gold for our Chapter 6 in the World Whiskey Masters 2011 " Master for our Chapter 9 in the World Whiskey Masters 2011 " Master for our Chapter 11 in the World Whiskey Masters 2011 " Master for our Chapter 11, 59.7% in the World Whiskey Masters 2011 " Grand Master award in the World Whiskey Masters 2011 " Jim Murray's Whisky Bible Liquid Gold Award
For those that want to skip the tour, why not go for a walk down to the river whilst the rest of your team look around the distillery.
All tickets (excluding children) include a £5.00 discount voucher to spend in the shop for any English Whisky over £30.00.
£10 for adults,
£4 for children.
Groups between 10-25 people £9.00 per person.
Groups of 25+ £8.50 per person.
All tickets (excluding children) include a £5.00 discount voucher to spend in the shop for any English Whisky over £30.00
TL 980877 52.45135 0.91239
The distillery sits on the banks of the river Thet just off the A11 between East Harling and Roudham on the B1111.
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits
- Gift shop
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Public toilets
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
- Children welcome
- Smoking not allowed
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is gravel
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Visitor information available in audio format
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system