The Henry Ramey Upcher Lifeboat Museum
Mr Reg Grimes
Designed on the same pattern as the local fishing boats, she was commissioned by Caroline Upcher and named inmemory of her husband. This was to replace the 'Augusta' lifeboat, also donated by the Upcher family, which had become un-seaworthy. The HRU was in service until 1935 when she was replaced by an RNLI motorised boat. The boat isdisplayed in original condition in her original boat shed.
TG 158434 52.94500 1.21134
Take the A149 to Sheringham, from Sheringham main car park, walk through the town to the promenade. Turn left to bridge over slipway. Museum is at top of slipway.
- Facilities for educational visits
- Accepts groups
- Guided tours for groups