The official visitor website for Norfolk

Refine your search

Type of Venue

 

Location

 

Facilities

 

Or Venue Name

 
 

image for Village item typeEast Rudham and West Rudham at East and West Rudham

Village

Village

East Rudham village sign

East Rudham village sign

Details

Situated on the A148, connecting King’s Lynn with Fakenham the villages of East Rudham and West Rudham offer a great base to stay of visit in the heart of the West Norfolk countryside. At West Rudham the village green is a focal point around which a pub, The Crown, a tea room, village store and local independent shops can be found. A second pub The Dukes Head is found at West Rudham.

The annual village festival is held over two days in July, where East and West Rudham join forces to stage an array of events and activities including a horticultural show, male beauty contest, donkey rides, sheep race, craft stall, bell ringing, bouncy castle, tennis tournament and much more.

Unsurprisingly the villages have two churches. St Peter at West Rudham is a fine medieval church dates from the 13th century, though there was a church here in Saxon times. The building fell into disrepair in the 1970's and was made redundant. It is now leased to the Norfolk Churches Trust and at least four services a year are held here.

The Church of St Mary at East Rudham is now the main functional church serving the villages. Largely rebuilt 1876 there is evidence of older parts of the building in chancel, south transept and south porch.

Contact

King's Lynn TIC

01553 763044

Address

East and West Rudham,
Norfolk,
PE31 8RD

Location

Directions

See location of East and West Rudham on Google mapsSee location on Google maps

Map reference: TF 827281  Lat: 52.81983 Long: 0.71014