The Wind Energy Museum - Morse Collection at Repps with Bastwick near Great Yarmouth is the only historical collection of wind engines in Britain, demonstrating the history of Norfolk drainage, with an example of a working scoop wheel.
Examples are also held of pumps from America & Australia. Fascinating collection.
Please contact directly for details of other special event days.
TG 414172 52.69875 1.57210
Follow A149 towards Repps with Bastick. When reaching Repps turn left into Church Road, follow down past the church and then turn right onto Staithe Road. Take first left past Hall Farm (it will look like you are going onto farm) , follow down to Marsh Road.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- is gravel
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To the gift shop
- Visitor information available in audio format
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children