Refine your search
The Pottery and Smoke House in Great Yarmouth is a fully working pottery as well as a museum where visitors can see and smell a former smoke house for themselves.
From liquid clay to finished ware. Gift shop, refreshment area, herring smoking museum. Video showing fishing era and town wall 700 years old. Photos of fishing. Gallery of nautical oil paintings, carvings and sculptors.
with extended opening during all school holidays (local term dates) from Mon to Fri 9.30-3pm.
We are closed all bank holidays and Sundays but open on selected Saturdays depending on bookings - please call for details.
Please contact directly for details of art classes and for group bookings.
2016 admission prices:
Family £14.00 (2+2)
Please enquire directly about bookings for our potters wheel and clay workshops.
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (with charge)
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits
- Gift shop
- On-site light refreshments
- Wheelchairs available
- Accepts groups
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Guided tours for groups
- Smoking not allowed
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is gravel
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Good colour/tonal contrast for visually impaired visitors
- Wheelchairs provided
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- High chairs for children