Refine your search
East Anglia's longest heritage railway runs through 11 miles of rural countryside, linking the market towns of Dereham and Wymondham. Combined days out available with Gooderstone Water Gardens, boat trips and Gressenhall Farm & Workhouse, Wymondham Abbey, Wells & Walsingham Light Railway and Broads Tours, Wroxham. All groups are provided with a guide if requested.
GROUP TRAVEL FACILITIES: Group sizes - min 10, max 200. Free coach parking, shop, full catering facilities, guided tours, pre-booking advisable - minimum 7 days' notice. Accessibility - level entrances to stations, wheelchair ramp onto train, disabled toilets at Dereham Station but not on trains.
SUGGESTED LENGTH OF VISIT: 2 hours.
MEALS: 75 covers.
2017 GROUP RATES:
5% discount for 10-19 visitors, 10% discount for 20-100 visitors, negotiable rates for groups of 100+.
TF 993130 52.67887 0.94748
From the A47 bypass, turn into Dereham and follow the signs for the town centre. Turn right at the BP garage - look out for the brown railway signs - you will see the station on your right.
By Public Transport:
From Wymondham station it is 20 minutes' walk to Mid-Norfolk Railway (Dereham to Wymondham Line). Bus services operate to both Dereham and Wymondham town centres.
: 0 miles from Wymondham station
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits
- Gift shop
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Public toilets
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Accepts groups
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Dogs accepted
- Smoking not allowed
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Baby changing facilities
- Service dogs are NOT allowed:
not allowed in restaurant area for food hygiene
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system